Siang River is a popular attraction to visit and it offers opportunities for travellers to partake in adventure sports like river rafting, angling, and trekking. Siang River is located close to Pagin and it gives an opportunity to the traveller to connect with the hilly local people. This must visit destination houses a hanging bridge on the Siang River and this is an interesting sight to see during your tour to this paradise. The bridge in Siang River is made of cane and bamboo and this interesting feature invites a lot of visitors to inspect and wonder in amaze about this raw natural beauty.
BEST TIME TO VISIT
Planning a visit to Arunachal Pradesh is not a big deal as you can plan it all the year long. Like the rest of north eastern states, Arunachal Pradesh has a healthy and pleasant climate. The state is home to great monasteries, several shrines and pristine lakes which attract thousands of travelers from different parts of the world. Weather wise, the best time to visit Arunachal Pradesh is from October till April, basically the winter months. he maximum temperature reaches up to 35 degree Celsius in summers. Days are quite hot and tiring as compared to night hours. Though, summer is not really good season to travel to Arunachal Pradesh.
|Summers||March to june||18 °C – 35 °C|
|Monsoon||july to September||12°C – 30°C|
|Winters||November to February||8°C – 20 °C|
Weather in Tawang, Bomdila, Dirang, Menchuka and other hill stations in Arunachal are quite cold during the winter and warm during the summer. Temperatures can fall below minus degrees in these places during winter.
|Summers||March to june||5 °C – 22 °C|
|Monsoon||july to September||15°C – 20°C|
|Winters||November to February||2°C – 10 °C|
BEFORE YOU TRAVEL
Things to keep in mind before traveling
- Every tourist visiting Arunachal Pradesh needs to obtain an Inner Line Permit and a Protected Area Permit which can be collected from Delhi, Kolkata, Guwahati or Tezpur airports.
- The weather in the north-east is pretty unpredictable, so be prepared to have delays due to the bad weather.
- Roads that lead to Tawang, especially from Bomdila onwards, aren’t in the best shape.
- Locals are friendly and helpful. Be patient as not everyone will know fluent Hindi or English.
- Most cell phone networks don’t work well, so inform your family or friends about your whereabouts whenever possible.
- Don’t forget to carry some ready to cook food packets or instant noodles if you’re strictly a vegetarian.
- Carry extra batteries, power banks and most importantly warm clothing.
- Keep at least a couple of extra days in hand in case of any problems like landslides and bad weather on your way.
Day 1: Arrive at Dibrugarh and drive for 4 hrs to Dibang Valley Jungle Camp
Day 2: Morning excursion to Mayodhia pass where you can view snow-capped mountains of Dibang valley, drive to Pasighat via Dambuk . Overnight stay at Abor River Camp
Day 3: Morning short walk to Ponging hanging bridge and afternoon picnic lunch at Siang River. Evening leisure at River Camp
Day4: Drive 3 hrs to Dibrugarh. End